As I’ve been starting to post to my blog more often, I’ve struggled with how the design of my site should be. . .I want it to be visually appealing, but I don’t have the time or desire to work on images for all my posts. . .this could be an interesting solution to add more visual appeal with little work.
I’ve yet to check it out, but I’m saving the link here to check out sometime soon.
I’ve wanted to blog daily for several years, but I’ve never been able to make it a habit.
My goal, starting today, is to at least spend 30 minutes a day working on blogging for at least 30 days.
Some ideas I have to write about include:
- Reviewing WordPress plugins
- Discussing ideas for WordPress projects
- Giving insight into how I solved something while working on a WordPress project
- Experiments with Meteorjs
- Connecting WordPress and Meteor in various ways
- Bookmarking interesting links for future reference
- Venting about frustrations at work or in life in general
Ultimately, I’ve learned so much from other people sharing content so freely on the web, and I make my living developing for WordPress, but I hardly spend time actually using WordPress anymore. . .so I think it’s time I start using WordPress again, not just building things for it. And it’s time I stop just consuming other’s knowledge, but start sharing knowledge I’ve acquired.
Here’s to 30-days of blogging for at least 3o minutes. . .that might mean one post a day, maybe more. We’ll see. Hopefully I can make this thing a habit and really start giving back to the community that’s given so much to me.